Our Pastor, Steve Foster
Pastor Steve Foster was born in 1965, and was raised in North Florida by hard working, Christian parents, who were very involved in their local Baptist Church. At age 18 he moved to Texas and enrolled in Bible College, where he met his wife, Dori. The Lord has blessed them with four children, who love and serve Him. These young adults, Kacilyn, Kortney, Colt and Kelsey often join their parents in blessing the congregation with special music, as the Lord has gifted the whole family with musical talent. Presently, Colt is studying for the ministry at Heartland Baptist Bible College.
Before graduating from college, Pastor Foster joined the staff of this church and worked with the youth, music, bus, adult and children’s ministries. Upon resignation of the former pastor in 1993, he was called to become the pastor of the church. Pastor Foster has led the church through a complete relocation of this ministry from Garland to Wylie. The Pastor enjoys a thriving ministry and countless blessings of the Lord, while pursuing the dreams and vision Christ has given.
Pastor Foster can best be described as a passionate, Bible-believing preacher with a message for this needy hour. Expository preaching is his primary method of teaching the Bible. His honest, straight forward and creative approach is refreshing in a time of spiritual confusion.
Our Pastor is one who is focused on:
- Pointing people to Christ and His glory
- Teaching and preaching God’s Word without compromise
- Seeing God build the church through soul winning and a thriving visitation ministry
- Serving in a long-term ministry
- Supporting missions through church planting and sending support to about 30 home and foreign missionaries each month
- Training the next generation of Biblically sound preachers through an exceptional and hands-on internship program, connected with Heartland Baptist Bible College
- Being the pastor and a friend to the people of NHBC