History of New Heights Baptist Church
The church was founded as Central Baptist Church in 1955, by Pastor Merle May. It was located in Garland, and served the people of that community for many years. In 1990, Steve Foster began serving as an Assistant Pastor. 1993 brought two major changes: Steve Foster was called to be the Pastor, and the church was renamed New Heights Baptist Church. In 2005, the church unanimously voted to relocate to Wylie. Pursuant to this decision, the church purchased twenty-eight acres of land in Wylie. Shortly thereafter, the Garland property was sold, and the church began meeting in a leased building in Wylie, as plans for the current building were launched, and construction was begun. The first service in this beautiful, new facility was held in March, 2010. God has blessed beyond measure, with renewed growth, vision and ministry for the Lord Jesus Christ. For this, the people of New Heights Baptist Church are truly grateful.